Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paxman

For reasons which remain a puzzle, PTI took an immediate dislike to IT Bloke from the moment they arrived here. I quite like IT Bloke, he's affable and seems to be very good at his job. He manages to explain a bit of technical jiggery-pokery to you without either patronising or losing you. But he is an IT person at the end of the day, and a bit other worldly.

Anyhow, PTI blames him for every shortcoming in the IT here, and they are manifold, though none of them could fairly be laid on IT Bloke's shoulders. The other day PTI was trying to brow beat him over something and IT Bloke interrupted him to say, "I've seen Newsnight and that Jeremy Paxman guy, I know what you're trying to do and I'm not falling for it!".

PTI, who wouldn't know Newsnight from New Jersey, was utterly flummoxed.

1 comment:

Adviser said...

LOL. No mention of New Jersey should go unanswered. Say a prayer for me, Nix. I take a national board teaching certification exam tomorrow and one of the essays (there are six, one on top of the other) has to be my completely amateur analysis of an ESOL student's oral transcript and written revision of same. Sure as you can say scaffold, I'll be having a g&t 5 hours after this 4-1/2 hour exam begins. xo Anne